Evolution Energie is a leading software editor for energy monitoring, environmental reporting, commodities trading and risk management solutions, used by the world’s largest airports and corporations in more than 40 countries.
As a committed company (ISO 26000 label, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 certified), Evolution Energie is renowned for its innovations in the energy and environment fields. About two thirds of its staff members hold a PhD from various scientific fields (mathematics, physics, astrophysics, engineering, agronomy).
As an iconic company of the French Tech, Evolution Energie has received numerous awards, including:
- Climate Champion during COP21
- Selected by Solar Impulse among the 1000 solutions with a positive impact on the environment
- French Tech ambassador
- Winner of the GE Digital Industry blockchain challenge
Position and missions
PhD / R&D Engineer (M/F)
One R&D position is open at Evolution Energie. Our scientific culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. We need you to design and build software products that help our customers manage their energy and make better decisions in real-time.
Job description :
As a member of our R&D team, you will design and improve the company's products and implement functionalities. You will:
- Scope, spec, and design new features.
- Maintain and extend Flexinergy, the main commodities management system of the company. Depending on your skills and interests, you will:
- Manage an SQL Database
- Develop functionalities and integrate them in the product (mutualization, refactoring and optimization)
- Display and analyze customer data (contracts, energy consumption, market transactions…)
- Write APIs to send the data to the front end part
- Develop algorithms for energy optimization
- Implement and run tests (unit testing, validation, functional, integration)
As part of any of this team, you will as well:
- Contribute to the writing of the requirements specification with the customer.
- Liaise with highly technical customers about their energy management, listen to their needs, and work with the team to solve their problems.
- Engage in the various R&D projects of the company (energy optimization, blockchain, big data, machine learning…)
Attractive salary based on profile and experience.
Who you must be
- You have good programing skills (specific knowledge of C# and Vue.js is not required).
- You have extensive and comprehensive scientific knowledge (mathematics, modeling, numerical computation, energy, environment…).
- You know how to summarize information and have good written communication skills.
- You speak French and English fluently.
- A good knowledge of algorithmics is a bonus point (calculations of average complexity, classical algorithms…).
- You are curious and have excellent learning skills.
- You want to explore and find meaning in complex and interrelated problems.
- You can explain complex ideas and algorithms in a simple and understandable way.
- You want to work in a fastpaced startup environment and thrive on autonomy.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
Specific knowledge of the energy field is not required, but an interest for the challenges of this field is a bonus point.